Sunday, August 28, 2005

Global Warming. Fact or Fiction?

Spent today looking around the web to verify a few things. You see I have been labouring under a misapprehension for years.

A couple of months ago, when I was away on business, I visited an old friend. He had a visitor who was an academic who was also visiting with him. I had never met this guy before but we had quite an interesting chat. We discussed global warming and other issues for some time. During this discussion it became clear to me that, unusually for me, I had done very little research myself on the subject and, in reality, I knew nothing about it that I had not read in the media. No factbooks, reports, papers, etc. He pointed out a few interesting things that I said I was interested in checking further because I was now intrigued. I did check up on a couple but all the data was liable to interpretation any way you wanted that I have not really spent the time I wanted to on it.

Yesterday, I bought a book in ASDA called 'State of Fear' by Michael Crichton. Now I thought it was one of his weakest novels. It was supposed to be more than a story book but instead came over as a fact book disguised as a story book. In saying that it was one of the most interesting books I have read for a while, not for the story, but rather what was in as supporting data.
All the data I checked checked out. I'm still checking the rest. Additionally, there were so many references to papers and books I have no intention of reading. However, I have read enough to make me reconsider my standing on global warming. I'm going to do what I normally do and look at everything so I understand and validate it. Exactly, as I do with everything else.
Read the book and see if it makes you rethink your position.

In my opinion it shows that there is no such phenomenon as global warming as is made out in the media and by environmentalists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home