Monday, August 22, 2005

Gardening for someone with no interest.

Mum and Dad are away for a few days and so 'they are not wasted' I have been asked to go up and pick the fruit off the plum tree which is ready now. Well when I got there I must have picked over sixty plums. I ate a couple but the bottom line is there is no way I'll be eating all these. I'll end up giving them away. That's what I find strange about buying your own fruit and veg. You spend 48 weeks of the year buying fruit and veg and then for a few weeks spread over about two months you have so much you can't eat and have to give it away. In saying that I'm planting my own stuff now, coz having a grandchild makes me old...., anyway, I've a few raspberries, strawberries, blueberries a mini kiwi, a pepino and a dwarf cherry tree and dwarf pear and apple trees with two different species on both. I have no doubt I'll be buying all the stuff for most of the year while spending every spare minute, watering, pruning and making sure something doesn't eat any. Then the kids eat the soft fruit the instant it is ready and I'll be lucky if I get any at all. But, I'll have so many apples, pears and cherries I won't know what to do with them all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home