Saturday, January 12, 2008

Increasing income for the insatiable beast.

I was reading this article on the new traffic fines that are being rolled out in two months. Read here.

It seems that the parking fines need some sort of a shake up because there are 'serious' parking offences and some not so 'serious'. Some adjustment is being proposed with miracles of miracles the fines actually coming down for the not so 'serious' offences. I'm willing to bet though that within a year the fines will go up for all of them until the lowest fine is at par with now.

The part I though most interesting is now you don't need a traffic warden slapping a ticket on your car. It can be done with CCTV. So expect an explosion of CCTV cameras all over the place just to monitor the streets for the real criminals among us. The motorist.

In addition the traffic warden can write a ticket even after you have left. So he can see you drive away and write a ticket there and then. The only good news about this is that I would think that traffic wardens will soon be on the dole when they discover that the cameras will perform the task with a lot less wages. So in reality I suspect that allowing them to write these tickets is going to be less of a problem than it could be. Ha ha. I'd never employ a traffic warden in any job I had control over btw.

Now the only thing where this is going to cause a problem is with someone like me picking up the missus after a *cough* hard days shopping. You pull up at the kerb, spend five minutes loading the stuff that she managed to carry around all day and before you know it a ticket is through the door. Caught on CCTV or spotted from the other side of town by a sharp sighted warden and you were never really parked. And what about that sharp eyed traffic warden who didn't actually get your number plate right. There is going to be appeals all over the place. Of course they have it so if you don't cough up straight away the fine goes up. So how many people are just going to accept it because they don't want to risk it against our abusers of power. What a bunch.

But you got to feel sorry for them. They are skint. they know it and they need to money so any excuse to fleece more out of the cash cow they call the motorists. Actually, forget that. I don't feel sorry for them they couldn't run any size business yet think they can run our country. What a bunch of conceited b4$^4rds.

When will someone finally snap? It's due any time now. I don't condone violence but if I see a traffic warden beaten to death after I've watched every glorious second I will say I was looking the other way and didn't see who it was.

4 Comments:

At 11:33 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Well it isn't the wardens' fault. It is the system. They are as much a victim of it as we are. I was 'arrested' the other day for having my bike of the sidewalk. I rode up the sidewalk (about 10 metres) to go to the bank machine. They fined me £30. I told them they should be ashamed of themselves - when I think of the various drug deals going on right in front of us!

But they know I'm an easy target. They know I'll pay and I won't attack them. In a way, I don't blame them. The community police officer arresting me could not have been more than 22. He was picking on someone his own size.

 
At 12:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't get me started on this...

I have taken the decision to never pay for parking in our local town. The council have just one parking warden so I figure the odds are such that by the time I do get a ticket the money I save in not paying for parking more than makes up for it.

 
At 12:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

snuffle... If it was a Community officer then he cannot arrest you. PCSOs are council employees not policemen, they have no powers of arrest other than citizen's arrest.

 
At 10:44 am, Blogger Bag said...

Snuffy, I'm starting to see these guys and the police as an arm of the state which is being used against the people. You join the army and you put yourself in the line of fire. Same for the police and PCSOs. Soon the traffic wardens and council enforcers.

To be honest I don't think they should be killed. Perhaps a maiming or something would be OK?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home