Tuesday, January 08, 2008

US Politics.

Just commented on Ruthies blog about Hillary's tears on the election trail. I have been looking at the American scene over the last few days and sadly my views have not changed much.

I have no strong feeling about any of the candidates. Partially because, not being a US citizen, I won't actually be voting and have not done a lot of research. They all look like they will be bad news to the world in one way or another.

Although according to this, found via DK, it looks like I am closest to Ron Paul than any other. Same as DK and Ian Dale btw. Strange that as I thought I found myself disagreeing with some of Ron Paul's policies. Although the person I was furthest away from was Obama there were still many things we agreed on. Most were within 30% of each other from my viewpoint.

Although when I think about it this is the first time I have ever been looking at US politics at such an early stage. Do I really want to be looking at something I can do nothing about, will drive me loopy and frustrated as well as raising my blood pressure? Actually I could use the same argument for not reading about UK politics.

So I think I will just dip my toe in every now and again and try and keep it to things that only impact outside the US.

3 Comments:

At 10:18 pm, Blogger James Higham said...

Don't forget I've been carrying the Paul banner in my sidebar for months.

 
At 10:33 am, Blogger Bag said...

Forget? I never noticed. I'm going to pay a bit more attention to these banners to see what is going on.

But like I said I think I wasn't that different from most of the others as well. Thats the problem with politics. Choices are too limited.

 
At 11:37 am, Blogger Unknown said...

You should have strong feelings. They will be electing the President of the world after all. Our future lies in the hands of some trailer trash in Kentucky.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home