Tuesday, July 17, 2007

How realistic are these polls?

By my reckoning it seems that nearly a sixth of household keep supplies close so that when the burglars come they can supply a burglar with the tools needed to subdue them. How kind. Saves those poor burglars carrying dangerous tools around outside where they may hurt themselves.

That's what I gather anyway from the latest survey by Cornhill Direct. Read here. It says nearly a third of households keep weapons in their house for burglars. While just over half of them would be prepared to use them. I'm assuming therefore that the remainder have them so someone else can use them. Am I missing the point?

Is it just me that thinks there is something strange going on here? People are lying somewhere. Maybe they are worried about getting a visit from plod because they have weapons in the house.

4 Comments:

At 5:58 pm, Blogger James Higham said...

I'd use it.

 
At 1:48 pm, Blogger Bag said...

As would I without hesitation. Let the jury sort it out.

 
At 2:54 pm, Blogger -eve- said...

LOL! This was worth a laugh :-) They're fools for buying something which they won't use (unless it gives them pleasure to own it. Perhaps).

 
At 12:10 pm, Blogger Bag said...

I don't think it was pleasure Eve. The survey said bought for burglars. And if it's not to use against burglars it must be to supply them. Thats my logic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home