Sunday, December 17, 2006

I love Democracy. I think.

I love Democracy. It sounds so good and apparently was good up until about 1999. It was when it all went pear shaped when the two biggest democracies in the world were taken over by people who didn't think they should have to follow the rule of law.

It seems that this is the way democracy is going now.

We have the EU and it's constitution when they keep on trying at our costs till we agree with them.

Then it's quick off the mark for the Palestinians for their introduction to democracy when the losers can keep trying until they win because they have the support of other countries.

Then it's the Lebanon's turn when a terrorist organisation can apparently bring down the government by peaceful protest.

I think I love democracy but clearly I have no idea what it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home