Thursday, December 14, 2006

Voting in Prisons. Who really cares?

I had no idea that prisoner voting was such an important issue that it violates human rights. Read here. I do remember something about it a few months ago where they though it was going to be defined as a human rights breach.

On one hand we have those saying it is a removal of a right and it does not do anything to deter them from crime.
On the other hand it is part of a punishment that removes from them society.

Unfortunately, my view is that it should be removed as part of their 'civic death' but I'm not all that bothered about it. Let them get their little cards and make their own way to the voting booths like everybody else. As we already allow them to watch TV, pool rooms, sex and free dope what is the issue with voting? I don't really care.

If I had my way the real criminals in prisons would be in Hannibal Lector type cells for 23.5 hours a day and would only have books to read. Many would die in prison with a heavily muscled right arm due to the lack of facilities.

And they say Crime does not Pay.... What a joke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home