Friday, July 25, 2008

What a statement has been made in Glasgow.

Well of course we were all hoping for labour to get their ass kicked in Glasgow but I actually didn't think it would happen. Read here. I'm going to have another party.

Now this must be a blow that even someone as thick as Gordo can feel. His merry men must be running around now, less merry, making plans for the future. Sadly, those plans won't translate to an election for us but fingers crossed, as I said before, I've been wrong before. Although planning to cancel elections Mugabe style is more to their way of thinking.

However, it did make me think. It seems that every election over the last few months has come with a bit fat zero for labour. We just need more of them to erode away at labours lead. We can get elections in several ways, the incumbent resigns, Yeah! Right! like they are going to get their noses out of the trough. The next is they retire with illness, I wondered if stress would do it but as they lead sheltered lives this must be the only stress they are under and the smoking and drinking at their workplace, if they ever go that is, must help them combat that. Or they die. Now I like the sound of this one.

Now in the past I've prayed for the death of Blair but it just didn't happen. I'm sure at the time millions of people were doing the same thing, yet nothing happened, at all. Not even a bad cold. Millions of innocents children and adult alike have died, many in horrible ways and in excruciating pain because of Blair and Gordo's policies but those two seem to be immune. So clearly nothing will happen from that direction without some serious help and I do remember a saying 'God helps those who helps themselves' I wonder how we can apply that to these circumstances?

I'm not sure though how many politicians it would take to resign, or die (preferable option), before a general election was called though. I though originally that it would take all 640+ to resign or, die in an unfortunate accident, for an election to be called but now I'm not so sure. After all they can't all be bad. So giving them the benefit of the doubt we are only looking at 620 then.

Let's all get our heads down to pray. Let's try the stress first. They must have more today than they did yesterday.

7 Comments:

At 8:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you call 1,000 at the bottom of an ocean?
A good start!

 
At 6:18 pm, Blogger UBERMOUTH said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you expect from a country where the men wear skirts and the women wear trousers?
Send in the WWI

 
At 3:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

High speed lead poisoning should do it.

 
At 3:59 am, Blogger Colin Campbell said...

Don't they still send convicts to Australia?

 
At 9:50 am, Blogger James Higham said...

Now in the past I've prayed for the death of Blair

Who to? :)

 
At 9:39 am, Blogger Bag said...

Ana, 1000 politicians. You missed a bit.

Anon2, The WWI? Do you mean the womens institute or something?

Henry, Home made stuff. Love the way you are thinking. btw: I can't find an Email for you on your site.

Colin, No. We gave up when we found out they were moving to a better life than we have here on average. Now we send them to Birmingham and Glasgow.

James, To as many as I could think of. Lucky for my daughter she was away when I got around to the pagan gods.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home