Sunday, February 10, 2008

How to have fun in your spare time. Part 1.

Morrison’s is now introducing a new policy of verifying everyone who buys alcohol how old they are. Read here.

Could this guy pretend he is under 18?


Anyway, perhaps now is the time to have fun with Morrison’s. Pile your shopping trolley full of goods including freezer items and a single bottle of booze. Unless of course you are a drinker in which case load up with your weekly stock. Then when you hit the checkout put the booze on the conveyor and when they ask for id just say I don't have any. When they refuse the sale just say how insulted you are and walk out without buying anything. Then go to Tesco’s and buy everything.

I'm now thinking maybe there is a reason Tesco's is more popular than Morrison’s. Are you listening Morrison’s management team?

4 Comments:

At 3:43 pm, Blogger Mark said...

Safeway in the US have a similar policy. About a month ago I was stood in line behind a fellow who must have been about 70. They still refused to serve him without ID.

Words fail me.

 
At 4:00 pm, Blogger Bag said...

Mark, It's bad enough our government making stupid laws like this but when business does it as well just to be safe then it makes them look stupid.

Although I actually do understand why they are doing it. It just seems that like everything else we do we cant even get that right.

 
At 7:49 am, Blogger Tim Daw said...

I was lucky enough once to spot a bunch of suits from Head Office looking round my local Waitrose - it was obvious who the head honcho was as his obsequious minions surrounded him. I tapped him on the shoulder and gave him my trolley full of icecream and other staples and told him he better put them back on the shelves as I wasn't going to waste my time in his ridiculously long queues at the checkouts....

 
At 11:27 am, Blogger Bag said...

Tim, How unbritish of you. Even complaining in the UK gets you hung up on and can be treated as assault.

It's why we get all this crap service. Stiff upper lip and all that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home