Saturday, February 02, 2008

New criminal class.

A while ago I was shocked to read about the old guy that was beaten up by two rather baby faced police officers. Read here. Probably not too far removed from the youths who beat up other elderly people but lucky for these they were able to do it legally. WhooHoo. Being in the police in a police state must be one of the best jobs in the world.

Anyway it seems that despite all the shouts about it it seems that these young coppers may have been on to something. There seems to be a new crime wave coming. Assault, murder, fraud (allegedly) and hit and run. Not forgetting all those that criminally failed to pay their council tax and so on.

All the above was done by crinklys. Yet all the shouting is about youths. I'd be interested in knowing the percentage splits by age groups. With all these laws being made specifically for the young ones and yet many of the crimes are from older people. Where are the laws targeting the old uns.

The guvmint should do somefink about it. What? I'm just saying.

4 Comments:

At 5:37 am, Blogger James Higham said...

That's a very interesting counterpoint to the old theme and brings back visions of Python's Hells Grannies.

 
At 12:07 pm, Blogger Bag said...

Yes. it's just another example of the media making us think one way when the reality may be completely different. Althought to be completely honest I have no idea what the ratio is but my mind tells me that the ratio for youths committing crimes is lower than for the 20 to 40 group for example although I have no doubt it is growing due to inept government policy.

 
At 2:22 pm, Blogger UBERMOUTH said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:35 pm, Blogger Bag said...

James, Ignore that impertinent question. I will pretend it was for me.

Uber, I have broken many laws in my time some of which I'm not even aware of.

So as my memory is also failing me I'll have to confess I can't remember them all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home