Tuesday, July 31, 2007

It must be that time of year everybody can't be bothered.

Everywhere I go it seems to be people just can't be bothered.

Tom Paine and Dr Crippen have decided to take a temporary break. Others have just stopped blogging or are blogging sporadically and output in general seems to have dropped. There are exceptions of course, DK, Burning Our Money, James, etc.

It also looks like everyone just seems to be shrugging their shoulder at what a year ago would have resulted in many column inches. I class myself in that category as well. It seems we are all waiting for a change. Something that gives us a bit of hope that things will change. Personally I think it's the weather I'm all hot and bothered as I type this.

Fingers crossed that something comes along and ignites the world of politics. I've my fingers crossed that it's some atrocity that takes out a lot of politicians but sadly I've hoped for that for a while and God has let me down before.

Personally I'm a bit fed up myself. I've got a million and one other things to do at the moment and other things have taken priority. I really should be looking for a new job. Circumstances are changing at home in many ways and I'm ripe for a change myself. I've slacked off a bit on the blog lately but will have a bit more time over the next three weeks to reconsider what I want to do.

In the meantime I'll try and find a few things to rant about while I write the occasional whinge in the local rag and try and sort out what I want to do with myself. One thing is certain it will involve whinging about something so I'll keep the blog going till it's overtaken by events or I have a stroke or something.

7 Comments:

At 2:11 pm, Blogger James Higham said...

Everyone's just tired and jaded coming into August. It will pick up again.

 
At 5:45 pm, Blogger Bag said...

James san, All roads lead to the same destination many take rests on the way.

 
At 5:32 pm, Blogger Ruthie said...

I think it's just that time of year, like James said. I hope you find a fantastic new job if you're in the market, and have lots of fun with grandbaby for the remainder of the summer.

 
At 8:31 pm, Blogger Crushed said...

Don't get too down, Bag.
We're still here!

Though, I am finding it harder to devote as much as time as I'd like to it.

 
At 9:44 pm, Blogger Bag said...

Ruthie, Thank you. There are a few interesting jobs out there but most are away from home.

CBI, You may find it hard to devote the time but your articles are certainly interesting.

 
At 10:49 pm, Blogger Colin Campbell said...

My father is an artist and he always talked about how it wasn't always possible to be creative. You have to wait for the right time. Sometimes he would force it and would develop works, but it was only when he was ready that the really good ones developed.

I think that is true with many aspect s of our life. Personal, work, hobbies... and very likely blogging. That is one of the great things about the community of bloggers is that there are always some who are in their element and others like you and Tom and..... just resting.

Enjoy. We will all still be around.

 
At 1:34 pm, Blogger Bag said...

The annoying part is I'm not resting i just have so much going on I can't get motivated.

I need something to get me kick started. Without the kicking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home