Friday, July 27, 2007

This says it all.

This morning my dad gave me a clipping from a paper. I've spent all day, on and off, looking for the online version. I don't even know what paper it was.

Anyway it is titled Embassy raps Putin hypocrisy. Basically it is continuing along the lines of criticising the Russian government for refusing to hand over Lugovoi. As you are probably aware the Russians are effectively offering to try him in Russia but we are refusing.

It full of the usual stuff but right at the bottom there is a statement that says it all 'The Russian side has more grounds to doubt the objectivity of the British justice system'

I comes to something when the Russians claim the moral high ground in matters of justice.

What has happened to us?

3 Comments:

At 8:34 am, Blogger James Higham said...

The justice system over here is complex. There are sometimes ways round it but if the process goes through, it is very thorough.

I was lucky enough to be on the receiving end of a positive judgement some time back and I can tell you it was pretty thoroughly gone into.

I'm not going to comment on Britain.

 
At 11:12 am, Blogger Jay.Mac said...

It still seems bizarre to me that if Putin wanted a guy whacked in a foreign country that he would have agents poison him with a rare, expensive radioactive substance that leaves a trail that can be traced. I'm not one for conspiracy theories at all but I just can't fathom the use of polonium over, say, a 9mm.

 
At 1:34 pm, Blogger Bag said...

Yes. It does seem strange but remember it is only a conspiracy theory when you don't get to the bottom of it.

There are many other substances that could have been used but then how many could really be tracked to one source.

I feelthis has something to do with his nationalisation of firms and his steps towards the old Russia.

Wouldn't it be great if we could hate the Russians again and just go back to how we were in the 70/80/90 before these muslims became a threat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home