Monday, January 02, 2006

Went and seen King Kong today.

I didn't really want to go because I've seen all the others plus the spin off's like Mighty Joe Young and this one is also over three hours. Lisa talked me into it though as she had a rare night free as her mum offered to babysit so Lisa could get a rest.

Well, I must confess I quite enjoyed it. Of course the storyline was pretty much the same as previous versions but as usual with the remakes it's the advanced effects that make them better. The special effects were very well merged into the films and it looked so realistic you could actually believe that some of the creatures existed. I liked the fight with the TRex's the most and the part where the guy was enveloped was quite chilling considering it was a 12A. The only part that looked ridiculous was when Kong has the girl in his hand and is running or jumping. Let's just ignore how many times her neck would have broken.

Nevertheless, a good evening out and well worth seeing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home