Saturday, December 31, 2005

They will soon get their noses in the trough.

To quote what new MPs say in this article on working hours as an MP. They work seven days a week and up to 18 hours a day.

Well, I do believe that, what I don't believe is that they do it for long. Like everyone else they are new at the job and don't know where the sow's teats are. Won't be long before they have directorship in some big companies and voting along the party lines without caring what their constituents want.

Two thirds agree that they want to reform parliament. Is it not amazing how once they find their places at the trough they then seem to want to keep it the same.

Maybe I am being cynical. There are probably one or two MPs that still have the view of what the constituents want and changing parliament for the better but I won't be holding my breath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home