Friday, December 30, 2005

Who get's the woman's share?

Since the same sex marriages have been legal one thing has been going round in my mind. If they get divorced then who get's the bulk of the assets? Are they shared equally or split in the same uneven way as current 'real' marriages? Does the dominant partner in these cases lose out as well?

Now it appears that this has been an area of interest to some think tanks as you can read here.

Having been through the fair process where everything I had was removed and spread evenly to my ex-wife and her new boyfriend whilst my future earnings were also earmarked for her use I find it extremely interesting that this concept of same sex divorce, where clearly assets could be more logically divided may be the catalyst for fairer treatment to males in divorce cases.

And there was me thinking that this same sex marriage would not change anything at all. Here is hoping...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home