Monday, September 05, 2005

Electricians wanted.

Got round to reading the local paper while waiting for a tape to finish.

I was pretty much the usual unexciting stuff until I came across a reference to the new electrical regulations instituted by our law happy Government. This new law says it is illegal for anyone to perform their own 'significant' electrical work in their own homes. Another way of generating new jobs from the pockets of the people. Now the reason for that is that 10 people die and 750 are seriously injured each year due to incorrectly wired electrics. Ten people, wow! Now, I think that if we are in the business of saving ten lives then I'm sure that there are lots of other areas where a lot more can be saved. Maybe they won't generate so many jobs though or am I being cynical?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home