Saturday, September 24, 2005

Could this lead to true Democracy?

All this talk about Germany's elections makes me smile. I think it is the best thing to happen to democracy. It means that the parties will only be able to do what most politicians think is right. Not perfect but no single person forcing their party to push though their stupid policies. These guys will have to think everything through and make compromises. Sounds good to me.

It should happen here.

UK politics is like voting for;
Stalin : Vote for me. I will ensure we are strong. I also support torture and summary executions for littering.
Hitler : Vote for me. I will ensure we are well protected. I also believe in killing all Jews.
Idi Amin : Vote for me. I will ensure we are a solid society. I will convert my opponents views.
Genghis Khan : Vote for me. I will ensure we rule the world by killing all foreigners and people that look foreign just like the Met does.

We call this Democracy. You get to choose. Whoopy Do Dah. That's Democracy. Then, they say we are doing what we were elected to do. That's how democracy works. What a load of rubbish. No wonder we are heading for a crisis. How can we install it in Iraq when it is clearly becoming unpopular here.

Or one of my favourites.
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for lunch.

Government is too bloated and inefficient. It should be representative of the people and responsible to it. Not the dictatorship it is now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home