Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Personal beliefs.

I got asked yesterday after my comments 'I thought you believed in God?' My stock answer is 'No, I don't'.... However, that is not exactly true. I don't know. I don't believe in a God who buries dinosaur bones, to test faith, and strikes people down because they do not have absolute blind faith in him and damns them to hell for a single, simple mistake. I don't believe that anyone with that sort of power would be interested in dabbling with petty affairs and as final proof that he doesn't listen. Last year both Bliar and Bush went into hospital at around the same time with heart problems. I prayed and prayed but my prayers went unanswered and they both came out with cleans bills of health. If there was a God Bliar would be gone now. I actually feel guilty for thinking that but for the first time in my life I actually, genuinely, wished someone dead. My fear of them is so great.

I am a firm believer in the ten commandments as they are simple rules that if everyone followed there would be a lot fewer problems in the world. Plus, common courtesy and some sort of moral guidance, as provided by, some, religions are a bedrock for a solid society. So a society based on a Christian faith might be boring in many respects but you would be able to leave your doors open and walk around unafraid.

I've always said to my kids. Before you do anything. Think about how you would be if everyone found out about it in two weeks time. How would you feel if it was done to you. Think about who else it effects. Just about to steal? How would you feel if everyone knew you were a thief for £5? It's a rule I've always followed because I believe, in the main, you always get caught.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home