Sunday, June 22, 2008

Good luck with that you bunch of hypocrites.

It seems Darling is calling for wages restraints from the public. Read here.

This is the same public that has seen taxes (general, council and stealth), fuel costs, food costs, etc. go up by more than their salaries for the last ten years whilst the MPs themselves have seen their salaries far outstrip inflation, new troughs installed almost yearly and they set themselves up for life.

If people have the power, like the tanker drivers, they will take it, I know I would, and the unions have it. It could bring the late 70s back with a vengeance.

Somehow I think Darlings plea will fall on deaf ears. In fact I wonder why he made it? Every time a politician tells you not to do something everyone seems to do it out of spite. And there is a lot of spite around at the moment.

4 Comments:

At 9:45 pm, Blogger Snafu said...

He should be calling for wages restraint from the unions.

Oh, that's right, he can't. It's the unions that bankroll the Party!

 
At 11:41 pm, Blogger Bag said...

Well they seem to be digging their heels in lately. Not getting value for money I suspect. Just like the rest of us.

 
At 8:03 am, Blogger James Higham said...

It seems Darling is calling for wages restraints from the public. Read here.


F-ing beautiful. The taunt on top of the injury. Tyburn Hill awaits you, Darling.

 
At 9:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strangely, I found this a little reassuring. Darling, issuing a pointless call for wage restraint reminds me of the sort of thing we would have got from the relatively benign labour politicians of a generation ago. It's effectively an admission of impotency in the face of what is to come.
I guess I'm clutching at straws here, but I hope to navigate myself and my family through the comming recession. Any Nulabour interventions and initiatives will only make the situation far worse, so a touch of impotency on their part is perhaps the best we can hope for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home