Friday, June 20, 2008

A very hard call to make.

Here is a father that turned his son into the police when he found some ammunition in his house. The son has now been jailed for three years. Read here.

The father says he says he has no regrets but already in the article he is already saying he didn't know his son would get three years and that he should have accompanied him down to the station. Sounds like the start of regret to me and that is before he has to face his family over Xmas thinking about him rotting in the nick. Or if something happens to him whilst inside and even before he comes out after his immersion into the criminal subculture in prison which will make him a different person.

I don't know what I would have done but I'm sure in this day and age and in this country I would not have done it for a few bits of ammo. Maybe that makes me bad. Many people on our side of the criminal justice system think that a hard shock will be good for them. It isn't for everyone and his son doesn't look like it will be for him.

The father doesn't regret it now. I don't know if he is already changing his mind but one thing I am sure. He will regret it later on.

2 Comments:

At 5:07 pm, Blogger James Higham said...

Bit like that other one really - the mother and sons.

 
At 2:35 pm, Blogger Bag said...

Must have missed that one. I'll have a look around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home