Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Isn't technology wonderful

For one thing it keeps me in employment. Otherwise I would have to sell my body and how could I live on £1 per week?

But as we know it is a double edged sword as it is used by our oppressive governments to control us and keep track of us.

Here though is one of the +ve uses it can be put to. Read here about how technology was used to identify a paedophile suspect. Although to be honest I wouldn't have managed to identify him from that picture. I would guess they had enough names to feed into the databases to find other links which identified him.

It's long been known that people have been using technology to identify the scrambled faces on documentaries and so it is a bit surprising that they have not moved on from there. Ah well. You live and learn although in this guys case the learning curve will be steep and I can only hope it hurts a lot as well.

2 Comments:

At 7:39 pm, Blogger James Higham said...

Bag, saying technology protects you from paedophiles is like saying a cell protects you from the rain.

 
At 11:52 am, Blogger Bag said...

Sir, I don't believe I said or implied that. I only said that technology can be useful in the right hands.

This is an example of one of the rare times a government technology project is useful and that is based on a COTS package they had little input on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home