Saturday, August 04, 2007

This must be why they get the big bucks.

A team of Doctors in Hong Kong have concluded that epilepsy can be induced by the Chinese tile game of mahjong. Read here.

Hope no one in the UK is reading this or we will be banning it as well as chess, draughts and cards. For the good of all of course. Even though only 23 people cases and I understand it is a very popular game in Asia. Money is wagered on it as well.

The bit I liked the best was the conclusion from the report's four authors who said the best prevention - and cure - was to avoid playing mahjong.

Well what a shocker. Who would have thought it. The best way to avoid getting ill from mahjong is to avoid playing it. I wonder if that translates to other things. Such as the best way to avoid getting run over by trains is to keep away from, well, trains. Well golly gosh that could very well work as well. These guys are pure geniuses.

How do I get on this study gravy train? I'm sure I can do something. Toast falling, done. Penguin pooping also done. Making the perfect cuppa, done as well. Well I suppose no one has investigated exactly how many shakes is ideal after going to the loo. That must be worth a grant of £500K at least.

1 Comments:

At 5:37 am, Blogger Colin Campbell said...

When I lived in Singapore, the chink chink of Mahjong tiles was a common sound. I never did try it.

I shall be sure to avoid walking in front of speeding cars and jumping of bridges for the rest of the week.

Thanks for this important information. My family is very thankful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home