Saturday, May 26, 2007

Deal with it right or it gets dealt with badly.

Just reading this article on the BNP at The Waendel Journal. A blog by a Tory councillor Tony Sharp. It made me think. It's about the BNP being racist thugs. Now I don't see the BNP being a mainstream party at the moment because of it's history but I certainly think they are more popular now than they have been for a long time. They are no longer just the party of thugs and racists they have now gained people concerned about the things the BNP have been warning people about for years. People like you and me. If they had been standing in my ward rather than just the three clone parties I would have voted for them. It seems to me that they can only grow in power. All the areas that have a significant number of immigrants are the ones that the BNP does so well in. What do they see day in and day out that we don't? Well, don't see yet anyway.

So far from them being seen as the racists and bigots they were it seems that their problem is that most of us yet don't know why they are the way they are. Once it is too late we will start to move. Of course by this time we will create different problems. But such is life in our lethargic country. The BNP offer one solution when others may be more appropriate but instead of dealing with the issue we do nothing because it is too sensitive. Leading to the rise of people willing to do something even if it is the wrong thing.

5 Comments:

At 2:10 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Which is exactly how Hitler grabbed power in Germany. No thanks, Bag, have to disagree with you on this one.

The BNP are no more than an extension of Moseley's blackshirts, and I'll have no truck with them thank you very much.

 
At 3:06 pm, Blogger Bag said...

I've obviously put this badly. Such is the way I write.

I'm saying that we need to grasp the nettle and deal with the real issues that the BNP exploit. Because nobody is doing that people that feel strongly gravitate to the BNP. This does two things. It gives them a stronger base but it also dilutes their membership with less radical people giving it a more acceptable veneer. They then either get rid of the radicals or they don't. However the BNP is secondary. It's the fact that ordinary people see this as their only option that is the real concern.

My view on voting for the BNP is simple. They won't get in power. They will however gain enough power to force the other parties to do something. A rocky road to make them see people feel strongly. Hopefully they then do something right rather than just something.

If however nothing is done then yes, you are right, eventually the BNP will become a real power. Then something will be done but the wrong thing. That will not be right.

 
At 5:55 pm, Blogger James Higham said...

Yes, you had me fooled too here. But your comment explains it better.

 
At 9:52 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Even so, Bag I couldn't in all good conscience bring myself to vote BNP even as a protest vote.

 
At 5:08 pm, Blogger Bag said...

Henry, I'm more than happy to take risks to rock the boat. i feel comfortable that it will not capsize but a few politicians will fall overboard and drown.

I love these analogies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home