Thursday, May 24, 2007

What a surprising next step for recycling.

Well it seems that despite being told we would not be charging for rubbish by weight it looks like that is what is coming. Read here.

Those ID Tags, missing from our bins at the moment, will soon be in place. Our council is always up for screwing us out of more money.

Now they say that no ID means your bins don't get emptied. So if I want to be a rebel I will lose the only thing I actually use from my council tax. It's going to be too much hassle removing them from everybodys bin for them so I'm looking for some sort of mini EMP generator I can fit to my car so wherever I drive it fries the tags.

Now come on someone must have some plans for something like this. I'll quite happily drive up and down my town and nuke every tag there is.

I'm beginning to see no alternative. Nobody is interested in what we want and for what each of us pays I could have a third party come every day, pick up every bit of my rubbish, sort it, recycle what is necessary and landfill the rest. If we all got together we could even subcontract it out so a street at a time could be done. No! Let's be ambitious our entire town could band together pay for the service and then we could save a mint. Oh! Wait a minute. Looks like I am going to pay twice for the things in life I want. What a nightmare.

7 Comments:

At 8:38 am, Blogger Unknown said...

I think we (the people) need to start reminding government, local and central, about who works for whom.

We pay them to provide services to us - this is not a licence for them to think up new ways of screwing us for money. The Sheriff of Nottingham would be proud.

 
At 8:41 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Who needs the Mafia, when you have local government in charge of waste management.

I don't know much, but I do know this - if town hall won't take away my rubbish, I will have to take my rubbish to the town hall.

 
At 10:12 am, Blogger Bag said...

I'm moreof a planner.I'll just dumpmine at the end of the street. No cameras, yet, and all I need to do is remove any incriminating data. Or plant some. The guy over the way is a bit of a pain.

 
At 6:13 pm, Blogger James Higham said...

...charging for rubbish by weight...ID cards...

Thank goodness I live in a free society here. No ID beyond a national insurance number, rubbish regularly collected and a chute system where noone could know what you threw out.

The police state is upon Britain.

 
At 4:57 pm, Blogger Ruthie said...

In New York they used to charge by the bag... so people bought trash compacters and crammed tons of garbage into each bag :)

 
At 5:59 pm, Blogger James Higham said...

Didn't they wake up to this, Ruthie?

 
At 9:12 pm, Blogger Bag said...

They make rules. People follow them but not the intent. New rules follow and new fixes follow. We then end up with a million rules and people finding ways around them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home