Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Government Accounting

I think I have heard it all now. Sadly, there is still more to come.

The local rag has an article hidden in the middle where it says that the local PCT has managed to make the £13.7M saving required by the government without impacting the customer service.

On reading the detail it seems that this was achieved by a £13M non repayable loan from the SHA which enabled it to make this remarkable achievement. I bet this is balanced on the SHA's books with a corresponding loan or is written off under some financial trickery. The SHA will make it's targets as well I'm sure.

The part that is starting to annoy me is that when I mentioned this to one of my workmates as a comment he said 'It shows what they can do when the are forced to' WHAT? I had to explain it in detail before it clicked and he is supposed to be one of the intelligent ones. What hope have we with most of these dozy Labour supporters?

1 Comments:

At 8:21 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Precisely - creative accounting initiated by Hapless Hewitt to bolster her claim of "the best year ever" and getting the NHS back into the black - just write off all the debt, ergo no debt, aren't we clever little Labour.

Not long to go now, Ms Hewitt, Gordy's clunking great axe is coming don on your job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home