Friday, January 26, 2007

Warcraft is just like real life.

My son and daughter seem to be addicted to Warcraft, similarly a lot of my friends children are the same way.

Today I found out they had both been robbed of all their gold and possessions. Seems that someone hacking their account transfers their gold to a third party and then sells it on eBay.

Where it is exactly like real life. The people managing the game servers, Blizzard, will not do anything about it. They merely replace some of the items they have.

Yet again hardworking people spending many an hour glued to the keyboard have the fruits of their labour taken away by unscrupulous people and get away with it.

I never really appreciated how much like real life it was even if it has dragons and things in it.

1 Comments:

At 8:03 pm, Blogger darling said...

Things are always put in perspective after an event.

Im not a fan of it as I think I would rather suck at it. But the GRRR factor of it all caught my attention.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home