Sunday, April 02, 2006

I feel a change in the air. Hope it is not wasted.

Over the last week I have noticed a change in some of the discussions I have been having at work and in the general public. More and more people seem to be getting involved in politics and I, with my usual abandon, have been talking about things I have picked up on the blogs and given out some URLs. Even some die hard Labour supporters, friends of my parents, are questioning the policies of our leader.

My favourite statement, and one everyone nods to is, 'When Labour said about Tory sleaze that they were going to be better. We all thought they meant sleaze free not better.' For some reason they all smile ruefully at that.

The only problem is that the Tories seem to have become caught up in the turmoil. The Labour spin machine has very effectively brought them in to the dock with them. The Tories seem to be totally ineffective as a political force on this issue. So much for our method of Democracy. If only we had an effective opposition. Why can't the Tories get organised and mount an effective campaign.

Maybe it's time to get rid of them all and introduce a new party. Of course the die hard Labour, Tory and LibDems will still continue to vote for their party, even if it is only their party in name. Where is Guy Fawkes when you need him? Maybe V for Vendetta will cause a few, more violent, groups to get active. Fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home