Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Is this really a crime?

I was looking at the report on the 'Terror Cell' in court at the moment. Now I remember looking at this before and thinking 'There must be more than this'. By the looks of things the answer is 'No, there is not'.

In the article it says that the crime is they are smuggling in bomb parts and planning to detonate them on the London underground. These guys clearly love that place. I have no idea why, maybe it's because they see the potential for a lot of people in the same place at the same time and plenty of freedom to pick and chose. Anyway, target the underground. Got it.

Now when you look at the bomb parts you have to query what the hell were they up to? They buy Aluminium powder in Pakistan when you can buy tons of the stuff in the UK. I'm not an expert but I know it is used as a filler in a multitude of tasks and buying it here in bulk would not arouse suspicion. Well, not unless you are buying while Muslim. The Fertiliser, I have no idea about, but I would feel that they would never have got enough through in a box to meet their requirements. After all the Oklahoma bomber had a truck full to blow his place up. How much could you carry in person? It would have to be one of the conventional explosives or nothing. I've never seen anyone with a wheelbarrow on the underground. Maybe I've not been looking properly. So what use is the fertiliser? Finally, the detonators. Well, I don't even know if possession of these is an offence. If it is it's the only offence they have so far. This case stinks.

It's all about setting up loads of coincidences with legally held items and then saying there is only one conclusion. Don't be a foreign gardener with a job in car repair.

If they are bombers we have nothing to worry about. It's the terrorist equivalent of the Keystone Cops. It all looks a farce to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home