Thursday, March 30, 2006

ID cards. You don't have to have but you still have to pay.

Some compromise that is. You don't have to have a card but you have to pay for one. Read more here. Also, if Labour win the next election they will be made compulsory then. Surely, that must be the final nail in the coffin.

Plus, we have a test subject. I thought of this a while ago but never mentioned it. This guy has volunteered for an ID card.

Now what were the promises. Protects against identity fraud. Protects against terrorism. The system is probably tight at the moment because few people are connected up so that only leaves the terrorism side. Fingers crossed.

1 Comments:

At 12:35 pm, Blogger Mark said...

The whole subject for me just reeks. No one has, to my satisfaction, demonstrated a need for ID cards, and so I am left with the feeling that terrorism has been used to shoe-horn in something the Government and others want, but the general population don't.

And as for Charles Clarke, - well just don't get me started. I'm sick and tired of Home Secretaries with dodgy beards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home