Friday, March 07, 2008

Sounds like a cover up.

It seems that JD Wetherspoon'ss profits dropped 13% this year. How sad. Read here for the full story.

Now correct me if I am wrong but I seem to remember that JD Wetherspoons actually banned smoking in their pubs before the rest of the UK and, in fact, publicly supported the smoking ban by our soviet style government. At the time it seemed profits dipped then as well but they assumed that when the rest of the UK was made smoke free their brave decision would work out well. Read here. I must assume from this latest report that things have got worse for them. Hahahahaaha. It's so difficult to feel sympathy.

Or is it the case that the same people that banned smoking while pubs were full of smokers also screwed up in other ways? Could the loses be due to other decisions and just being blamed on the smoking ban to blend in with the others and as a way to protect some clowns in the boardroom?

regardless though, I think that after this that the shareholders should be looking at sacking all the directors who volunteered ahead of legislation for a smoking ban and who cost them so much money.

Think what these idiots will get up to next with the proposals being bandied about to fix our booze culture if they are left in place.

I think I may diversify into brewing booze. Big potential market there.

2 Comments:

At 7:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bootlegging and baccy smuggling will be very popular careers soon.

 
At 4:43 pm, Blogger Bag said...

Sounds good to me. I used to make my own wine. Rotgut can't be that difficult.

I'll look that up and see what it involves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home