Thursday, March 13, 2008

The laughter curve.

Via the Englishman I read about the second time I have seen us hit the Laffer curve in the last month. Considering that this curve has been denied for so long is it not strange that we are in so bad a state that we are now hitting it, to my knowledge, for the second time.

The wheels really are coming off the wagon. I am in stitches. It could not be happening to a better bunch and I can't wait for the next one. Obviously we as a people are tightening our belts and the tax take is already at maximum regardless on how much these people are fiddling at the edges and trying to catch more in the net.

That is why the budget was pretty boring really. The usual tax increase on the drinkers, smokers and drivers because they have the cash and little else. Anything else brings people into the position of being better off on the dole and if that happens much more then the tipping point would be reached for the whole economy. Gordo may be stupid but he still has animal cunning.

The sooner that the whole lot crumbles and the whole situation is made clear the better. After the bad weather the crows will need some carrion to feed on.

7 Comments:

At 7:04 am, Blogger UBERMOUTH said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:06 am, Blogger UBERMOUTH said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:38 am, Blogger Bag said...

Uber, I'm not surprised about the taxes on the ciggies. It's a competitive market and even governments sometimes make the sensible decisions.

Well it's not kindness as such. You never know I could be going around to Mutleys myself. You never know what is going to happen.

 
At 3:22 am, Blogger UBERMOUTH said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1:26 pm, Blogger Bag said...

lol. Well not for me although that would be a way for Mutley to get some extra cash.

 
At 5:13 pm, Blogger UBERMOUTH said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:40 pm, Blogger Bag said...

With Mutley? It's tempting but I'll give it a miss.

The word verification gets rid of the stalkers. I'm a very popular guy you know.

I may give it a try and remove it just to see what happens. A few more comments wont go amiss. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home