Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Government Mathematics.

Reading this article about police chases where it says that some police officers take needless risks in high speed pursuits. Read here. It of course calls for them to stop and conform to a mandated standard. More rules for our poor coppers to stop them doing their jobs.

Now I don't know about you but I don't think they do. I've heard many cases where the won't pursue someone because it put them at risk. Such as when they are not wearing a helmet. It's ridiculous. I understand there was a smash up a couple of days ago where the police called of a pursuit on the M4. If they are going to take those risks then they should not be able to sue the police nor shall it be the polices fault. These whingey whiney people will find an excuse for the behaviour of everyone. Well except those that put their drink cans in the wrong recycling container anyway.

As an aside I was wondering about this statement. 'Deaths related to police pursuits peaked in 2001-02 - but about 40 a year still occur, according to research. '

In the same article we have this table.



So in reality we have a single year dip and the year before that is classed as a peak and the rate is still climbing now. I suppose as it's climbing we don't know what the peak will be so theoretically 40 is the last peak. Typical mind games. Although I don't understand why they don't use it as is supports their case. Civil servants, they make no sense.

UPDATE: I've just been told the BBC link page has been changed and this chart is no longer available. I can assure you that that data is taken from a screen dump of the original BBC page.

2 Comments:

At 7:44 pm, Blogger James Higham said...

This one was a little more difficult, Bag, after a few whiskies.

On the other hand, it must be a good sign to think first of Bag, having imbibed.

 
At 11:18 am, Blogger Bag said...

James, I thought it was just SL where you imbibed too much.

I do not understand what you are trying to say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home