Thursday, September 13, 2007

Let's not confuse the issue with facts.

I found a link to this article about the failure of gun control on Theo Sparks site. This sort of thing is the reason I go to his site. *cough*

It it using facts about legislation on gun control with comparisons on crime statistics for those areas. It seems to be pointing out the less gun control the less crime. Strange that because I seem to remember that gun control was going to solve every problem we had.

Although it seems a waste of time to me to even be mentioning this. Our politicians only appear to hear emotion and not facts. In the US the emotions of the gun crowd are loud enough to be heard. In the UK it's the whingey whiney crowd that make the most noise. The ones that believe in something so much they force their bigoted views on the rest of us. No matter how much the facts disagree with their biased views.

2 Comments:

At 4:00 pm, Blogger James Higham said...

Give us some examples, Bag.

 
At 10:43 am, Blogger Bag said...

James, There are examples in the article.

Peronally I was torn with this. My mind said that it is safer without guns being freely available but the facts seem to say otherwise. I am sticking with the facts rather than tainting them with my long understood beliefs. Imprinted on me btw by others who clearly were just voicing their hopes rather than facts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home