Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Customer Service

I've just bought an item from a web store I've dealt with in the past and not had issues with. Sadly this time I have a problem. So try to contact them to discuss the issue. It seems that their stupid customer department is running on Myspace. It makes sense for a virtual company to have a virtual customer services department but the only thing is I can't contact the stupid thing. Myspace won't let me connect up and to be honest I don't see why I should consent to my details getting passed to the KGB in the US just to communicate with them for a customer service issue. Unfortunately for them I have an EMail address from a previous discussion where they wanted me to partake in a survey so i have sent it out through that. Let's see what happens.

On the other hand a couple of weeks ago I bought a DVD from Play. I had a minor issue with it skipping in one place. Not a big deal but I like my DVDs to be spot on. I dialled into their web page, sent them an EMail via the web page and two days later I was contacted with instructions. Sent it off, they refund the postage and a few days later I had my replacement. Now that is customer service.

It seems the exception nowadays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home