Saturday, June 23, 2007

Second Life

I've been to Second Life a few times now and done some exploring. Very interesting and I met a few friendly people.

Look who I was chatting to last night after the baby was in bed.



I wonder if she looks like Nora Batty in real life. I can't complain she was pleasant enough and my avatar isn't short, tubby and bald.

I also chatted to a boxer. It seems that your SL character can build up strength, stamina and speed by going to the gym. She took me to her gym to show me around and had a wrestling match with her instructor as a demonstration. Unbelievably, it seems that they hold matches in SL where when you are a certain skill level you can get paid. They also have people in shooting competitions, sword fighting, car racing..... There is lots in there.

On the downside you can have neighbours like Tom who set up a derelict flats with sewage, dumped cars and general rubbish to make an eyesore for the awards and put pressure on him. Just goes to show it really is a slice of life.

It's certainly interesting but I still can't see the hook that will get me to part with any real money.

4 Comments:

At 6:32 pm, Blogger Ruthie said...

Good heavens! She's cute.

 
At 9:00 pm, Blogger Bag said...

So am I when I'm an avatar.

All the time I was talking to her I was wondering what she looked like in real life as well as the thought crossing my mind she might be a he. You never know.

 
At 5:05 pm, Blogger Colin Campbell said...

Very entertaining that Second Life. I also thought it was a bit odd what Tom's neigbour did. People are fundamentally ugly at heart.

 
At 5:07 pm, Blogger Colin Campbell said...

and like you hard to see me parting with real money. My wife would think that I had gone off the deep end. She already thinks that it is wierd and out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home