Friday, April 06, 2007

Was Justice served here?

This guy, aged 20, slept with a 10 year old girl. Read here. Yet clearly it appears that the guy genuinely thought she was of legal age, even the judges and by the looks of it the police and prosecution thought it was a legitimate case of mistaken age. Of course I think it sounds strange but we dont see what she looks like.

So she went out with the deliberate aim of having sex. She led the guy astray and he is the one with a criminal record and on the sex offenders register although it looks like no other punishment was made. Only that made compulsory by law was enacted. The judge did what he could.

But even so is it really Justice? We live in a country when the innocent get punished and the innocent go free and think we are civilised.

3 Comments:

At 4:45 am, Blogger Ruthie said...

That sounds really appalling and I can't help but wonder about the situation.

That said, I looked about 18 when I was 12. It does happen.

 
At 8:55 am, Blogger James Higham said...

Line ball, this one, Bag and anyone who saw my girlfriend, while not in that league, still - we had some nasty comments. She looked not unlike Ruthie. Trouble was her mother also looked like that. some girls never age. Now I think she was too young.

 
At 12:20 pm, Blogger Bag said...

I know what you mean. I though 10 must be a bit obvious. Although I remember when my daughter, 13 at the time, brought some mates around who were going to a party I asked her why she was going with someone of that age. When pressed I said she looked 18 but she was actually 13 as well. Women are chameleons they can change by hair style, makeup and clothes to be something they are not and they do it so naturally.

So not seeing her. Looking at the judge doing the minimum he had to and the police reactions I am guessing she looked at least 16 to them as well despite being 10.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home