Monday, April 16, 2007

Five weeks deliberating a verdict?

When I seen the title on this article I thought 'Hold on a minute'. Here is this case, a terrorist one, which has taken a whole year to present in court. It doesn't seem that long but that is life. So what do we have?

It seems we have a case where we were told a large quantity of fertiliser was found. 600Kg. Doesn't seem like much to me but I'm not an expert. There was a couple of other things found with that so putting it all together we have a case they wanted to present in court. So off we went on our year long journey.

Originally I though present evidence, a couple of days, say a week. Defence then presents it's side, basically a logical reason for the evidence, another few days and then the jury go out and come back within a few hours. Boy was I wrong.

Why is it taking so long to present the little evidence they seem to have and why is it taking so long to come to a decision? After reading about a year long trial and a five week deliberation I am totally confused. Sadly with both of these facts I've fallen for the answer that this first is because the are baffling the jury with probabilities, theories and character assassination. The second is that it can't be anything that is clear cut. So some people are hang them all and others are hold on there is no real evidence. Others are then discussing the options and it could swap either way.

Makes you think. Sadly, for my paranoia, if just confirms my original thought that there is no real case no matter what the outcome and that can't be good considering I should believe that the result is Justice.

2 Comments:

At 5:16 pm, Blogger James Higham said...

Sadly with both of these facts I've fallen for the answer that this first is because the are baffling the jury with probabilities, theories and character assassination. The second is that it can't be anything that is clear cut.

Another anomaly, like the "15".

 
At 10:29 am, Blogger Bag said...

There has been a few itemslately that have been produced by our 'Justice'system that don't make any sense. That nutter with the Freddy Krueger glove and don't forget these are the ones reaching the news.

Now this case could very well have something but a years worth of stuff that is not made public?

Something has my spider sense tingling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home