Monday, March 12, 2007

Well done those experts.

Reading this about mock up blasts shown at the 21-Jul bombing trial.

Now the bit that confuses me is that these were not devices created by the defendants. These were devices created by explosive experts. They then blew up. What a surprise. I'm sure these experts could built a bomb out of nail clippings and old socks.

I wondered if they had considered the fact that the flat they raided had running water. Water as you know is H2O. Hydrogen and Oxygen. Wonder if they considered showing a Hydrogen bomb explosion instead.

I suspect it is just to push the jury a bit by showing them a what if. Wonder if they pointed out that most of the jury probably had the ingredients in their own home for a bomb.

Sounds more like a PR exercise to me than a display of the facts. Makes me think they are getting desperate now to have a few successes.

2 Comments:

At 2:53 pm, Blogger daggoogle said...

Among the charges is conspiracy to cause explosions. The prosecution needs to demonstrate that had the bombers been marginally more competent, then explosions would indeed have occurred. The defence is claiming the bombers were hoaxers and this needs to demolished.

 
At 10:40 pm, Blogger Bag said...

I have a pile of metal in my house with a lathe and other kit. If I was more competent I could build a Sten clone. I've all the kit. I'd never manage it in a million years I'm just not practical enough. But it could be demonstrated that had I been marginally more competent, then a SMG would indeed have occurred.

It's playing of peoples fears and is leading the jury down a specific path. It seems it's UK justice now though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home