Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Tax shocker.

It seems a government report has said that people who live in the most valuable houses in England should pay more council tax. Read here.

What a surprise. I read this immediately after the item that said Brown had cut the basic rate of income tax by 2p in his budget. Read here. My first thought was that he must be going for a quick election before the wheels fall off. Or that it means means 2p in total with the scrapping of the lower rate. Or even that will be more than made up by increases added on for green items hidden in the budget or not even declared yet. So we will in fact be paying more but it looks like he is being generous. Unless you are a nonsmoker/drinker living in a cave with no windows or even running water where you will be 2p pa better off. Or even then would you be? After all the view would be tremendous and with the weighing that would give to your council tax you would likely be paying more yet again when that comes in.

I don't know why I read this sort of stuff as I know that by this time next year I will be paying more to the government than I am now no matter how much it is wrapped up and sprayed with nice smelling stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home