Sunday, February 25, 2007

Nothing to do with our interfering government then?

Reading this article where it talks about a poll that shows parents are out of touch with what their teenagers get up to.

Interestingly the article doesn't come out and put the blame anywhere it but from the comments from our politicians over the last few years they put the blame fairly and squarely on the parent/child relationship where it looks like kids go off and do all these things and the parents can't be bothered to find out or control their kids.

As a parent myself I have been trough the trauma of kids going off and doing their own thing. Mine are not nearly as bad as others but I still get the 'It's my life' and 'You can't do this to me'.

Personally I put the blame at the feet of the PC world and the politicians who implement their recommendations. They stop teachers and parent punishing the kids and let's face it some of them need a really good slapping. If they receive punishment at a younger age then they recognise the concept of crime and punishment. Now we have an entire generation that has no moral compass and it is creating havoc.

I remember a friend of mine who had a rebellious daughter who kept on threatening to phone Childline, if I remember Esther Rantzens interfering child abuse line. She made so many accusations that everybody was scared of being on the receiving end of a visit from our very own Nazi organisation the SS, or Social Services. I seem to remember that the mother gave in and was effectively reduced to a subservient role until the girl was sixteen when she then left her mothers house because there was so many rules.

It's a result of the social engineering that has been going on for a while now. It has all worked against the common family and when you can't even smack your child because some social worker doesn't think we need to we end up with children that can't be punished and they know it. They then do not fear any authority at all. Even if caught clearly doing bad by stealing etc. when they go to court nothing happens to them there either.

Finally, they hit 18, or whatever the age is, and wham. Their protection is removed and now it is too late to change they now get punished for what they have learnt over the years.

Now if you can't punish your kids and you can't force them to do things how are you expected to keep track of them. When I was young I was was smacked a couple of times while I was at school and a few times at home but when I went into my teens I knew who was the boss and I knew if I was bad I would be kept in or lose out on privileges. Nowadays it's child abuse to unplug the PS2 and you can't touch them if they just walk out.

I have heard there is a call to allow teachers to use corporal punishment again. Great idea. I only hope it gets rolled out to parents as well. Then we might see less children on drugs and being arrested. Arresting won't be the only port open then and will therefore only be used as a last resort. Let them learn.

Now the only problem will be all the young parents coming along who are already on the path of trouble and strife. How do we get them and their kids sorted out? In some cases it is probably too late. I know I'm supposed to think that there is hope for all but realistically some will never be brought back on the straight and narrow and prison is their ultimate destination.

It's all a big mess government policies of financing single parent families, discouraging marriage, taking parental control from the parents and reducing sentencing for crimes have lead to this situation. Now they blame single parents as if it's all their fault.

Yet the government doesn't even recognise it's role in this at all. What a bunch.

2 Comments:

At 6:53 pm, Blogger James Higham said...

This is a difficult one and it is true that everyone blames everyone else. It would take jsut a few parents to collectively refuse to put up with the blackmailing any more and the words would get out.

It's not too late.

 
At 9:14 pm, Blogger Bag said...

I agree with what you say but the issue is the same with any of these protests. the first ones loseout. You stick your heels in at work. Get fired and after the inevitable post mortem the remaining workers get the benefits. you are gone.

Same with this. Your name is on a register somewhere and your kids are gone. Who wants to take that risk. Not me.

That is how they win. By introducing fear until their moralistic banner of 'It's for the children'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home