Friday, February 23, 2007

The perils of Blogging.

I must admit I'm a bit paranoid about getting involved in political issues. My job involves work for the Government and one of the most frustrating aspects is my decision not to talk about or mention anything I have picked up in my travels through work. It's been particularly frustrating when fellow bloggers who I respect have gone off at a tangent with something and I have a piece of the puzzle and maybe the answer to their questions.

Even so I don't think I've ever had a concern about going to prison even if I did talk about these things. Not like some people who actually do risk imprisonment and not in a nice cushy UK cell either. Read about Abdel Kareem Soliman's trial here.

Go visit this site about Abdel Kareem Soliman, blogging as Kareem Amer, who has just been sentenced to four years in an Egyptian prison for insulting Islam and their president.

In the meantime let's hope that Blair doesn't think it is a good plan to imprison us for what we do. Retrospectively of course to catch us all.

2 Comments:

At 11:13 am, Blogger LFB_UK *The Legend* said...

you could always write in the third person, as a comment to one of your post's.

After all ifr its good enough for Guido, its good enough for us all

 
At 4:27 pm, Blogger Bag said...

Not my style I'm afraid. I'm fairly outspoken and very opinionated and not afraid to stand up for myself.

I took on most of those roles on the understanding that I would not talk about them. Even talking to family and close friends I only give them vague outlines and the funny situations I have come across. They know where I work and my skillsets but no fine details. Could not do that except in the vaguest terms on the blog so to save confusion I don't talk about anything I picked up from work.

Not hiding any guilty secrets just believe there are times you need to be discreet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home