Monday, October 30, 2006

It's worse than I thought.

According to this article by Boris Johnson it seems he is having difficulty choosing a researcher because of the quality of the application. Read here.

Now I've interviewed a good few graduates in my time and although I have had a similar problem it was never exactly the same. I had a problem choosing because the quality was so poor.

God help us but that makes it look like the best ones are going into politics. Shouldn't be that much of a surprise really as fewer people are going into engineering and science courses and taking more social and soft courses.

When I thought about ensuring we had eradicated poverty and ensure we all had the same chances I stupidly thought it meant we would bring the Africans etc. up to our standard. Not we would lower our standards to the lowest common denominator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home