Tuesday, April 04, 2006

It's World Politicians Day today.

Sorry my bad. I was reading that it is in fact World Rat Day today and made an, entirely understandable, leap.

It appears that even rats have special days. I must confess I didn't know that there were 2.5M households in the UK with rats as pets. How things have changed. My brother had a rat about ten years ago as a pet and it was a talking point as it was so unusual. Rats are apparently intelligent, read cunning, and can be taught tricks1. They even have their own beauty pageant similar to a dog show. Read more here.

The only thing I can think of is we are becoming used to the rats in our midst, their sneaky ways, their animal cunning so their stigma is now diluted. Oops, I'm now full circle and back to politicians again.

1) in which case I owe the Rattus species an apology for linking them with politicians.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home