Thursday, March 20, 2008

Another reason to avoid London.

Reading this about how risks are now commonplace in Heathrow made me wonder what is it going to be like when the new terminal comes to full capacity? From what I have read it is bad enough now. Read here.

Now I avoid London like the plague atm. It's expensive to move around despite the *cough* tube subsidy and our tax congestion charges. It's full of politicians and civil servants as well. So despite jobs paying so much more it's actually cost effective to live in a civilised part of the country. So why I don't move there I don't know.

Anyway, this is another reason why to avoid London and one that has the potential to change a lot of lives very quickly. It's difficult to believe that procedures put in place decades ago can be ignored because of convenience. This report shows how easy it is for human lives to be risked for money. It makes me wonder how much more of this will take place before the dice rolls snake eyes and people die. Of course then it will be human error and no one will be charged. Personally after this report if anything happens, even near misses, lots of someones should spend time inside.

Although I wonder how Manchester Airport would fair if a review was performed there.

Sometimes it's best not to ask.

2 Comments:

At 12:33 pm, Blogger James Higham said...

Do we need another reason?

 
At 1:47 pm, Blogger Bag said...

Not really. My reasons have kept me away for 10 years now. And even then it was work that sent me there for six weeks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home