Sunday, August 19, 2007

Going through changes.

Too many things are changing in my life at the moment with the kids moving and my personal life as well. I'm seriously thinking of making more radical changes based on how those work out such as moving house.

There is a couple of areas in my personal life where I'm not sure what is happening and things are dependent on that. So it's a case of slowing things down and seeing what happens with the core areas before I make the other changes in my life. Isn't it funny how your life can be overtaken by events and before you realise you are making plans based on hopes when you normally plan things to the nth degree.

I also really want a new job but where am I going to get a job as flexible as the one I have now? I'd have to move with another job though although it would be more interesting. I've been offered a significant role with someone I've worked with before. It would likely mean a lot more international travel though. Decisions, decisions.

The worst part is I'm a planner and like to plan ahead. So now I have several options available based on certain core decisions. With some areas good and some not so good but with so many factors dependent on third parties it's difficult to make firm plans.

4 Comments:

At 11:34 am, Blogger James Higham said...

Bag, you're like a rudderless ship and it worries me. There need to be more than extrinsic changes and one of the best is the soul searching for now. Think out lateral solutions but reassess priorities. This made a huge difference to me and I've only just begun what you're doing now.

 
At 5:55 pm, Blogger Bag said...

Sir James, Thank you for the concern but there is no need to waorry. I have a built in self preservation system. I never make snap decisions for the important things and I'm always looking ahead. At the moment I have a few things out of my hands. Once they are decided I will re-evaluate but at the moment I'm still on a safe course.

 
At 6:13 pm, Blogger James Higham said...

:)

 
At 4:28 pm, Blogger -eve- said...

I know how you feel about planning; one wishes that everything were clear and laid out, rather than dependent on variables. You'll just have to work your way through it... all the best with that! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home