Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Teetering on the edge of a political philosophy.

I've always classed myself as a Libertarian. At least what I understand to be a Libertarian which is someone who wants minimum government and minimum interference in someones life. Leaving people to get on with their lives. Real punishment for crimes so the juice is not worth the squeeze, so to speak. Defence of the realm and policing to be paid for by taxation. A few well defined laws and responsibility for your actions. Social services at a minimum and as a safety net not a bed.

At the moment I seem to be teetering on the edge of being an anarchist. It's only a little step from where I started but the name change seems a big step. Although I do not agree with the general principles so I can't be one. Sadly I'll just have to stick to having a boring title rather than a cool sounding one.

On the other hand we could have a Lib-An. Bit like a Lib-Dem but to actually have some characteristics from both of the names. Such as Liberal and Democratic. I'll have a bit of Liberal and Anarchist. Is there really common ground when you get down to the details? I'll have to think about this. After all how can I take over the universe when one aim is to get rid of any government? Bit of a tough technical issue there.

3 Comments:

At 4:04 pm, Blogger Crushed said...

A valid point.
I'm kind of a Liberal anarchist, but I don't think it's conecpt of society I rail against.

Just THIS type of Police State government we seem to be drifting into now.

Unfortunately, Libertarian is now seenn as a dirty word. But I think people are starting to see their chains.
And they have nothing to lose anymore.

 
At 5:34 pm, Blogger Bag said...

Naybe we should start our own politicalparty. The manifesto should start as the same as that politician from Oz, if I can find it. Might even start our own web site.

How good are you at lying without breaking into a big grin. I'm pretty hopeless.

 
At 11:42 pm, Blogger Crushed said...

Very good.
I do it for a living.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home