Thursday, March 01, 2007

New stage in the Sky/Virgin love tussle.

Looks like the Sky/Virgin discussions have reached a new stage with the removal of the Sky channels from Virgin's cable system. Read here and/or watch a filler on Sky One. Lucky I watch Stargate Atlantic, my third hour, last night.

I know this is not exactly news but considering until this week it was hardly mentioned as an issue to have it cutoff will come as a big surprise to most customers.Some won't notice till they come to watch their favourite shows. The first lot will be this evening. I'd hate to be working in Virgin's call centre tonight.

Now somebody correct me if I'm wrong but if I have an agreement that I will buy services from a company who then renege on that, for whatever reason then they have broken the terms of the contract. I can then leave and go somewhere else for no penalty. To be honest I'm well over the 12 months minimum by several years but there must be many who have just signed up and will not want to stay without the Sky channels.

I can't get Sky installed in less than a week nor get BT broadband installed but when I hit next Tuesday if Sky One is off then so am I. Although I may just stick with freeview rather than getting a dish. But I can't do without broadband. BT must expect a deluge of phone calls over the next few days.

2 Comments:

At 7:28 pm, Blogger Jay.Mac said...

Whatever you do, don't get your broadband from BT- and I wouldn't recommend Tiscali either.

 
At 10:14 am, Blogger Bag said...

Mmmm. I thought all broadbands basically came through BT excluding cable suppliers like, well now, just Virgin.

But my nature is to look around anyway so if I start looking I'll have a look around and ask a few people locally.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home