Saturday, January 06, 2007

Playing catch up.

A few things interesting on the news but nothing much I want to rant about.

I've lost links to an article on the FBI controlled mobile phones and, interestingly, an article on the UKIP website which I was sure was written by DK which he doesn't have on his site. I'll look for the phones one and if I get the time I'll look for the UKIP web site one. It's hanging off one of my linked sites. I removed my linked post because the source went. It a bad habit where I just go wandering about clicking links and can never remember where I read about something first. It leads to embarrassment when I'm asked for the original data.

I'm revamping my systems at home. I'm going to get rid of my servers and replace them with a SAN and the web servers with a SAN with HTTP/FTP capabilities. Theoretically this should bring everything away from NT servers and mean our PCs can run the OSs they need. In my case Linux because all I use lately is a browser and Email. Should save me a fortune in software costs, electrickery and hardware. I'll still need XP for a couple of things I'm sure and the kids will need it for Warcraft unless they do a Linux version.

2 Comments:

At 6:37 pm, Blogger Jay.Mac said...

Here's a link to the FBI story- pretty scary that your phone can be remoted activated even when turned off.

http://www.policeone.com/police-products/radios/surveillance-accessories/articles/1197457/

 
At 2:33 am, Blogger Bag said...

Jay, Thanks. That was not the post I was looking at but this is better as it has the phones listed. I'll be avoiding these from now on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home