Wednesday, November 08, 2006

No real surprise in the US.

The Democrats have taken Congress. In a titanic battle that saw many brave souls sucked into oblivion and with heroic actions by some..... Oh! It seems that 'taken' actually means they are more popular at the moment than the other bunch. So a bit like the X factor but less popular same as here. Read here. I wonder why the use the word taken which implies force?

I particularly liked the statement from Ms Pelosi, who could be the first female House speaker that the Democrats would "restore integrity and honesty". Mmmm. From what I've been seeing over the last few years I'll not be holding my breath. I don't see them being any different from our useless bunch.

1 Comments:

At 2:45 pm, Blogger Caroline said...

I particularly liked the statement from Ms Pelosi, who could be the first female House speaker that the Democrats would "restore integrity and honesty".
**********************

You have a point there but I can't see how the dems could ever be near as close to being such hypocrites as the Foley and fellow republicans. I see much more hope anyway. I voted for every democrat Tuesday. The one thing I did vote against here in California was a law that said your teenage daughter could get an abortion without parent notification. It passed. I hope its not rude to "troll" like this. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home