Sunday, July 09, 2006

More 'For your own good' taxes.

Reading this article about putting a £20 tax on every flight to pay towards the environmental impact of your journeys. They estimate that air fares will double in the next decade as well. I was wondering how they were going to get Blair and his chums to cough up when they get Blair Force 1 up and running but that is another story. I'm sure *cough* they will take that sort of thing into consideration when they reduce air travel for us all.

I made me wonder when we would start getting salt, sugar, chocolate, etc. hit with a 40% tax to discourage people to use so much of them because, you know, they are bad for you. A McTax will be on it's way for those corporations who are doing nothing to help our obese children.

All proceeds will go towards buying Blair a home on the Riviera or Barbados, or both, so he doesn't have to put up with the freeby holiday claims he gets hit with several times a year. There should be enough in the pot to sort Prescott out with a secluded bedsit in central London as well. Something with a secret side entrance. He will only need one room I can't imagine him as a great entertainer or conversationalist.

Or maybe I'm being too cynical I'm sure all the proceeds will go directly to something that will *cough* help with the reduction of emissions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home